People sometimes have difficulty training their pets. Many are inexperienced dog handlers who just got a new pet and don’t really have a clue how to manage them. Commands are not only used to keep control of your dog, but also used to keep your dog safe from harm. People often don’t realize that commands like: come, stay, sit, down. Those commands are used to keep your dog away from dangerous situations or toxic things. Come, can lead your dog back toward you if he or she is running off away from you, and towards something that might injure them. Stay and sit, make your dog stay still, so you don’t have to divert your attention to looking for where they are. Down, insures that your dog lies down and stays away from causing a scene. You need to make sure your dog knows that you are in control. If they don’t realize this, they will ignore your commands and pleads. Dogs have a mind of their own, and if you don’t keep them in check they will just run off, doing dog things. Make sure your relationship with your dog isn’t abusive, train them with treats, not with punishments. Punishments make training your dog harder, because your dog will be less trusting of you and less likely to listen to your commands. The dog will also have trouble figuring out which action resulted in the punishment. Treats are really easy to use to train a dog, whenever a dog does an action you want, you give them a treat. They should learn quickly which actions are tied to which words, don’t be mad if they mess up. Training a dog takes patience, like teaching a child. You also need to set boundaries, I recommend you find electric dog fence reviews to find a good electric fence that suits your dog.…
Somatic education definition
It is time to stop separating the mind from the body and look upon it from an external perspective simply as the means to ‘carry our mind’ around. in fact the two are so closely interlinked that it is impossible to tell them apart. Somatic education helps in creating an awareness of oneself as one whole being, experienced from a first-person perspective. Any holistic therapy approaches the body as one whole, where sensations, emotions, thoughts and behaviour are interconnected and mutually reinforce one another. Somatic therapy and education offers exercises and a methodology of working that helps a mindful ‘listening in’ that integrates the mind and the body and gives rise to a sense of wholeness and wellbeing. By practising these one is more able to also sense when something is off balance and health, by quicker noticing muscles tensing up, holding of breath or worrying thoughts that are alarm bells for something being not quite right.
Mindfulness exercises for increased awareness and better health
There are as many somatic awareness exercises as there are movement possibilities. Working somatically helps one become more mindful and aware to each moment. Senses are heightened, the parasympathetic nervous system stimulated that helps us relax and open more to external stimuli around us, and we feel more alive to our body, emotions and thoughts. Here are five mindfulness exercises that are easy to practise at home and integrate into daily life that helps this process of integration and health.
- Belly breathing: Stand, sit or lie down. Place your hands holding your belly and allow your middle fingers to meet in the middle level with the navel. Breathe into the belly, consciously expanding it and feel how your hands glide apart, creating a bit of space between the fingers. On the out breath notice how the belly sinks in and hands connect once again. Repeat this 5-10 times.
- Improving the lung capacity: Place your hands on either side of your trunk now and when breathing in imagine directing the breathe out to each side, meeting your hands that simultaneously are offering gentle pressure to give resistance. Repeat this 5-10 times and feel the full width and capacity of your lungs.
- Relaxing the shoulders and upper body: Exaggerate the tension in your upper body by squeezing your shoulders up to your ears, feel the contracting muscles of your neck, shoulders and chest. Hold for a few seconds and then release fully and feel how the muscles can relax and become heavy. Repeat this 3-5 times and notice the difference in tension.
- Awakening the senses: Simply take a few minutes and begin with your eyes closed to notice the sounds around you. Really focus on listening to the subtleties and layers of the soundscape. Notice any smells that are present. Have you got any lingering taste in your mouth? Gently open your eyes and allow the light to be received gently by your eyes. What colours, shapes and movements can you see as you keep a soft gaze forward?
- Full body scan: Sit down on a chair and eighth close your eyes or keep them open. Bring your awareness to your toes and feet and gradually shift it upwards to your lower legs, upper legs, hips, belly, torso, chest, shoulders, upper arms, lower arms, hands and fingers to then move up to your throat, neck and head (or whatever order) until you have scanned your whole body. Feel the totality of your body for a few moments and breathe deeply.
Each of us is different in our own ways. We use different things differently. What a right-handed person uses cannot be easily used by a left-handed person. Be it a pencil sharpener or even a pair of scissors. While this is a common problem, we rarely find such things designed for a left-hander.
Similarly, when it comes to kids and toys, there is no limit to the variety and creativity involved in them. However, the awareness that differently-abled children require different toys is just spreading.
Looking for special toys for children experiencing learning difficulties? Here are a few good toys for kids with adhd:
Puzzles are something children start showing an interest in from a very young age. Even if they don’t understand the whole concept of a puzzle, the pieces that just won’t join together unless put in a certain way, pose a challenge to the young minds and keeps them occupied for a while.
While children with learning difficulty will take more time to solve puzzles for their age, they can be gifted colorful puzzles. Foam puzzles where the child has to match the colors can be a great option as it not only teaches them about colors but the foam pieces help in developing fine motor skills.
Get them some colorful beads with big holes so that they can string them easily. Small holes will be very complicated for tiny hands but the large holes will make it easier for them. Trying to thread the string through each bead will improve their fine motor skills as well as their concentration.
Colors and shapes can be introduced to the children at this stage too. Get beads of various shapes and sizes to make it more challenging as they will have to sort them first before they can string them together.
Becoming a teacher trainer gives you the opportunity of learning the principle on which the LEGO education Academy is built. This training is usually held in Pittsburg, Kansas, Billund, and Demark. Certified academy teachers that are being trained into becoming a LEGO trainer usually have access to numerous resources that would greatly benefit training skills. Before learning to become a LEGO training, you might want to check out https://www.starwalkkids.com/toys/building/lego/best-lego-ninjago for some information about lego as a whole and see some of the latest Lego Ninjago sets.
If you’re interested in becoming a LEGO teacher, here are some of the things you should know about the process, the benefits and how it works all together.
Commitments: Although the training course is FREE of charge, it goes without saying the certain level of commitment is required on your end. Some of the expenses you might incur along the line include the cost of traveling to the training centers as well as the cost of booking a hotel. There are ways around this; if you have a strong friend network in the city where you intend to train; you can easily leverage on this.
More often than not, LEGO would have a deal packaged for your employers, in a bid to lower the cost of airfares and hotel bookings.
Improved Creativity: Aside from the fact that you’re learning to teach kids to be creative, you also learn and improve your creativity as well.
Support: The support from the mother company is enormous This is to encourage teachers in signing up for the well-packaged training program. Teachers learning to become trainers are supported at various levels.
Classroom Management Skills: They don’t just teach you about LEGO and creativity, they have resources on how to manage your class better. This is a skill every teacher could learn more about.
LEGO Education Approach: The LEGO academy curriculum is designed to reflect the company’s educational approach, this is one of the things you would be exposed to along the line of your training as a LEGO teacher.
Reflection Paper: After the training, you would be required to write a reflection paper, which would discuss your view of the program and how it has impacted you.
Face to Face Training: For four days, you would be exposed to a face to face training in one of the training centers in the United States or Denmark.…
Until recently university tuition fees in the United Kingdom was free, or minimal. The basic principle was for the students to shoulder some of the expense as they are the primary beneficiary. Moreover, the point was brought up that ordinary taxpayers who did not necessarily go to universities should not have to subsidize the education of those who choose to do so. The cost of affording a university education has almost tripled in the past years.
If you are planning to get financed on opting for college, you must know these crucial details.
- Universities are allowed to charge up to £9,250 per year as tuition fees. Full-time students are eligible for applying up to £8,700 maintenance loan on household income. If you are worried about financing, a debt consolidation loan for poor credit is also available, especially for students.
- By the end of your graduation, you could have up to £50,000 of student loan debt. Start making plans for repayment before you leave college.
- The loan repayment starts on the April after graduation or when you have an earning job paying over £2,500 per year, whichever falls before. The repayment rates are around 9% or over.
- Depending on your salary, the interest rate which is charged is at +3% per anum while you are a student, and 0-3% per anum post-graduation.
- Your employer will deduct the loan repayment amount on a monthly basis from your salary.
- Current students who started university before 2016 are eligible for Maintenance Grants because they received a smaller amount of loans.
- Students with disabilities, dependents are eligible for special funds and grants provided they have started university in 2018.
- Student loan is waived off after 30 years from the date of disbursement by default.
There are several benefits of private tuition for students as it directly impacts their educational grades and overall knowledge. This trend is soon gaining popularity with parents, students all over the world as it gives a positive overall growth and improves grades.
Benefit # 1 – Individual Attention
The fact that the student receives the personal attention from the tutor due to the presence of lesser students or being the only student makes him / her concentrate more.
Benefit # 2 – Homework & Tests
The preparatory agenda & structure for sudden tests and assistance with homework gives a lot of confidence to the learner on writing the test properly. The regular homeworks and preparations also help the students by gaining knowledge to prepare for the exams well.
Benefit # 3 – Reduces Effort
It takes effort for kids to study a particular subject or all subjects on their own. If your kid is attends private tuitions then the effort of studying hard (without knowing how to study) goes waste. Hence, the tutor would guide through covering the syllabus, explaining in a way that they understand, etc.
Benefit # 4 – Time Saver
There is a lot of time saving with private tuitions at heytutor for your child. This includes saving time not only for your kid while learning on his own but even yourself. You (parents) can be free to continue your work and the child gets guidance and thus saves time instead of figuring things out for themselves.
Benefit # 5 – Study by Interest
Schooling has a conventional method to teach like textbooks, work books, etc. Hence, it gets monotonous and boring over time. Private tuitions gives a chance for students to clear doubts as kids are fewer. Tutors also ingrain interest in the students study time.