What we offer
If you are new to SIL and the kind of training we offer, we suggest you start with the Language and Culture Acquisition course, followed by an appropriate track of the Assignment Related Training course.
These two courses together will prepare you for an initial or internship role in language work with SIL. After these two courses, you may have a time of overseas field work, or you may prefer to take more courses relating to your sphere of interest, especially if you require training for a specialist role.
Our desire is that any training you take will be just what you need at the right time, so you are also welcome to attend just one course that suits your needs at this point in time. For more guidance, do not hesitate to contact us by email at [email protected].
Courses in English
- MA Field Linguistics
- MA Literacy Programme Development
- English for ETP
- Language and Culture Acquisition
- Assignment Related Training
- Dictionary Making Seminar
- Meaning and Communication
- The Translation Course
- Linguistics for Literacy
- Language Project Planning and Implementation
- Anthropology and Sociolinguistics Tutorials
- Discourse for Translation
- Multilingual Education
- Learning that LASTS
- Planning that LASTS
- Biblical Hebrew Beyond Basics